World Champion

Here is my Chiropractic Blog- chirolifter.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update Loon Mtn HG

After the WR toss.

Wow, when it think it could'nt get any better! Well first, when I arrived I had a Limo awaiting to pick me up, you know the guy holding the name sign, how awesome is that!!! Friday afternoon was the hammer throw at Plymouth State University. Again the Scotts show why they are #1, Alister Gunn with some nice throws winning both hammers... I could'nt find my groove with the light only throwing about 114+ for a 4th. The heavy was better with a 97+ for 2nd.

Sat. started good with the stones finishing 4th in both with mediocre throws 35+, 42+. Heavy weight was 3rd with 48+ and light weight was 2nd with 69+ and mediocre throws...

Caber 12 o'clock got me 3rd and WOB, which I won in Belgium with 19' was horrible only clearing 17'... With only 1/2 pt. ahead in second, I knew I had to win the next event which is a good event for me, the Sheaf... So here we go up to about 29' and I had 2 misses, there are still about 5 guys in, I had to make it or I would have dropped to 3rd or sure, so I made it on my last attempt...

So we work our way up to 34 6 and I make my first attempt and no one else made it, so i go 36 6 to break my old WR by 1", BAM- first attempt made it, the crowd of about 10,000 goes crazy. So I say "lets go higher".

So 37 6 for another WR, and BAM made it on first attempt... So what the hell go Higher- 38 6 for 3 good attempts but no go...

What an incredible feeling, people going nuts, shaking hands, congratulating, pictures- friggin awesome...

That night and the next day I went to eat and people are still congratulating me at the restuarant... Just simply amazing....

Stone Mountain HG in 4 weeks- I need some well deserved rest...


Kill It,

Irish Celt

No comments: